If you are interested in doing any programming, or are a recent startup then you will want to pay close attention to this one. The Microsoft BizSpark program is designed for individuals and startups that want to develop applications for the web, Windows Phone, or Windows. This program is absolutely FREE, and they give you a free MSDN account for three years. The software in this account can be used to create development environments, testing labs, and even production use. Microsoft started this program a few years back to try to help reduce (or eliminate) the software costs of being a startup in this terrible economy.
Many people are very upset that the TechNet subscriptions are gone. Microsoft is really making up for that by providing this free program for three years.
What you will need:
- Access to the internet.
- A valid registered domain for your new startup.
- A valid company email address and website for your startup. If you have a BizSpark Enrollment Code, then this can be completed at a later date.
- A Microsoft Account (formerly known as Live ID). If you don’t already have one, you can sign up for a Microsoft Account at no cost.
- BizSpark Enrollment Code (optional) from a Microsoft Event. This could save you days of approval time! For more about related Microsoft BizSpark events, visit BuildYourBiz.org.
Here’s how to get started:
- Login to http://aka.ms/gurubizspark with your Microsoft Account. If you already have a Microsoft Account (formerly known as Live ID) click either Login or Sign in to join BizSpark. If you don’t already have one, you can sign up for a Microsoft Account at no cost. Once logged in, click Join Now.
- Select your language and click on the Next button.
- Fill in all the fields about yourself and your startup company as accurately as possible. This information can be changed later. Make sure to use the Enrollment Code you received from a Microsoft BizSpark event. You may continue without an enrollment code, but this may add weeks to the approval process. An enrollment code will circumvent this vetting process making this process quick and painless.
If you do not already have a website for your startup company, please enter the URL you expect to use for your company website. If you do not yet have a business email address, you may use your Microsoft Account email address.
NOTE: If you are not using an Enrollment Code, a valid website and company email address are required for the approval of your BizSpark account.
- Make sure to read, then check the checkbox to accept both the End User License Agreement and the BizSpark Startup Agreement.
- Congratulations, you’re done!! If you used an enrollment code in step #3, then you should be pre-approved and can access your MSDN subscription and other resources.